Please note, these terms and conditions relate to Adult and Children's Social Care training.There are separate cancellation policies for the School Improvement team, and SEN & Inclusion team. Failure to attend schools training, without prior notification will incur a full charge. For further information, please see the relevant brochure, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or SENandInclusion@peterborough.gov.uk
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL ADULT AND CHILDREN'S SOCIAL CARE TRAINING ON www.peterboroughcpd.co.uk
- Book and amend your own training attendance, via the CPD Online platform, always ensuring you have your line manager's / CPD Leader's permission.
- Places are limited, so in order to avoid disappointment, it is advised that your line manager promptly authorises your booking request. The Workforce Development Team are only able to confirm your booking, once the manager's authorisation step has been completed. This step only applies to staff outside of Peterborough City Council.
- Once the place is confirmed, a confirmation email will be issued, and you are expected to attend.
- It is the delegate's responsibility to manage their calendar, communicating timely any issues which may prevent attendance on the training, to their manager. Both delegate and manager, should investigate all alternative arrangements (eg. workload to be managed, or delegated) to avoid late cancellations.
- If unable to attend, the training place should be cancelled / re-arranged as soon as possible, by visiting www.peterboroughcpd.co.uk, with clear reasons (eg. annual leave, or the priority meeting to be attended). This is a very simple procedure, and only takes a few minutes.
- A minimum of 7 days notice is required for ALL cancellations of training managed via the CPD Online platform.
- Cancellations should be made via CPD Online at www.peterboroughcpd.co.uk. However, if you experience difficulty in doing this, and the matter is urgent, please email the Workforce Development Team at email@example.com or call 01733 207133 (with a 24-hour voicemail), advising the following:
- Delegate name for cancellation
- Course title
- Course date
- Reason for cancelling
- Contact telephone number
* For staff from organisations outside of Peterborough City Council, the following charges will be applied for all non-attendance where less than 7 days is provided, and no bookings transfers have been made:£50 per half-day course£100 per one-day course£200 per two-day course* For teams from within Peterborough City Council, all non-attendance where less than 7 days is provided, and no bookings transfers have been made, will will be declared to management, in a monthly report.
- Where 7 days notice is not possible, and the cancellation is unavoidable, the staff member should state any efforts made to resolve the issue, in their cancellation reason on CPD Online.
- If the applicant has a place confirmed, and does not attend the event indicated, without providing the correct 7 days notice, they will be considered a non-attendee, and their organisation / service will be charged* (details below).
- It is possible avoid a charge in these circumstances, by transferring the booking to a suitable colleague, who requires the training, and is available to attend.
- All other charges will only be waived in exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the Workforce Development Manager.
A late cancellation can deny others sufficient notice to accept the available place. Low attendance numbers, reduces the cost-effectiveness of running the training, potentially causing it to be cancelled for all delegates. There may not always be the possibility to run another of these courses.
Further instructions can be founds in the CPD Online User Guide. For additional support, please contact the Workforce Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01733 207133.