Improving Phonics Network Meeting - Aim High - Session 1
Venue - Weston Homes Stadium, Peterborough United Football Club, London Road
School Improvement Training
This is an opportunity to ‘Aim High’ and be ambitious for our children in EYFS and in Y1.The focus of these termly twilight meetings is to share good phonics practice and support schools in further improving and sustaining Y1 phonics outcomes of above 85% and above 90%. Meetings will focus on identifying key actions to support the leadership of phonics and how teaching, assessment and monitoring can be further developed.
The first meeting will support writing an effective action plan that: directly links to the School Development Plan; provides a strategic route map; helps you achieve the goals you have set through the working document and paths the way to a whole-school improvement. The meetings will also provide opportunities to visit schools and leaders across the city and beyond to discuss and see good practice in action. Experienced and successful Phonics Leaders and Phonics Champions will also contribute to these meetings.
Each session will focus on:
• Reviewing and refining current action plans
• Reviewing assessment outcomes and actions to further support learning and teaching
• Sharing good/outstanding local practice
• Sharing good/outstanding practice from outside of Peterborough
Session 2 & 4 will be school visits, dates & venues for school visits to be set at session 1 – No charge for school visit
The agenda for each meeting will be confirmed via email and later agenda items will be agreed in response to needs and requests from delegates attending.
£60 per person per session for all LA maintained schools in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire *
£70 per person per session for all academies in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire, schools from other LAs and Independent schools *
*No charge for schools who have bought into the phonics package
£195 for LA maintained schools and all Phonics priority schools , this includes 1 FREE place to book on to ‘Refresher Phonics’
£300 for Academies this includes 1 FREE place to book on to ‘Refresher Phonics’
- To share good and outstanding practice linked to phonics
- To support leaders in developing a successful and succinct action plan
- To support further development of teaching, learning and assessment in phonics and its application to reading
- To support leaders in enabling high proportions (above 85% and above 90%) of pupils to achieve in phonics by end of Y1
- To increase the proportion of schools achieving above 85% and above 90%
Session 3 Spring term 27th January 2022
Session 5 Summer term 21st April 2022
Session 6 6th July 2022
Session 2 & 4 date & venues will be decided at session 1.
Wednesday 13 October 2021
Wednesday 13 October 2021
Tuesday 12 October 2021